Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Going on a Nature Hunt

Recently our family took a picnic lunch to a park that has a 1 mile walking trail around a lake. After playing at the playground for an hour, followed by feeding the ducks lakeside, my oldest did not want to embark on a 1 mile hike. My youngest followed suit, feigning that she, too, was uninterested.
Well, I didn't want to walk the trail alone, and I wanted to see my kids getting some exercise. Somehow, I turned up the charm only the way a mommy can, and I offered a "magic" bag to contain a nature collection for our walk. (Yup, that's an empty tortilla bag. Didn't you know that ducks like tortillas?)


So, off we went, just my youngest and I, trying to find leaves from as many different trees and plants as we could find. Turns out there were a lot of varieties.


My reason for this post, (aside from the obvious one of me schooling you on our local ducks' diet)?
Well, I hope that what my daughter did following our Nature Hunt is a good indication of a happy childhood.


Now get out there and find some HAPPY leaves and sticks of your own!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your great comment on my blog! I am kind of known at Joann's as the Fat Quarter Lady. Lol And they may add "crazy" at the beginning of it I'm sure. Lol Glad I inspired you! -Kelsee

    ReplyDelete